What Information We Collect
OneChicago collects information which a User may submit to us and also certain navigational information. OneChicago may collect from the information you submit, the following types of personally identifiable information from any of the following sources:
- From you or your representative via applications or forms, including your name, address, e-mail address, and credit card numbers.
- From transactional activity with OneChicago, including orders for brochures, subscriptions to newsletters and other services.
- From other interactions with OneChicago, including discussions you may have with our customer service staff or your entry of information into our interactive tools.
- From verification services and consumer reporting agencies so that we can ensure the accuracy of application data or assess credit worthiness if you apply for our subscription services using a credit card.
- From you or your representative regarding your preferences, such as your preferred contact method or the screen layout you specify if you use our web site.
How We Use Your Personal Information
OneChicago uses information collected from Users in order to make our Site more useful and to respond to your queries, inform Users of new promotions, products and services offered on the Sites, improve our level of service, and provide notifications regarding the Services. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and administer the Site.
Within OneChicago and our service providers, we restrict access to personally identifiable information to those who require access in order to provide products and services to you. We may share the personally identifiable information that we connect with the following entities:
- Affiliates and unaffiliated service providers, such as our providers of Market Information or providers of other products or services;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom we may subcontract, including those who host and maintain our sites, fulfillment companies who distribute our materials or handle billing for our online subscription services or product purchase;
- Government agencies and law enforcement officials, when we are required to do so to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We also reserve the right to share information with other organizations as permitted by law in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of OneChicago’s Terms and Conditions or other agreements, or as otherwise required by law;
OneChicago can, and you hereby authorize us to, disclose any information to law enforcement or other parties that OneChicago, in its sole discretion, believes is required or appropriate in order to comply with the law. Your IP address and information regarding the web pages you visit may also be used to gather broad demographic information, interests, and behavior so that we may better understand our Users. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Site design and functionality. OneChicago may share aggregated demographic, product usage, or traffic pattern information for marketing purposes with its affiliates and other organizations, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information. Except as noted above, your personally identifiable information is not shared with other organizations for marketing purposes without your consent.
OneChicago may assign, sell, license, or otherwise transfer to a third party, your name, address, e-mail address, member name and any other personal information in connection with an assignment, sale, joint venture, or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of the assets or stock of OneChicago or its affiliated entities.
OneChicago uses a variety of standard protections to maintain the security of your online session. Although the Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, we cannot guarantee that such security measures will be sufficient, will not be breached, and that your information may not be disclosed or otherwise accessed in an unauthorized manner. Certain information may be transmitted to you by electronic mail. Although it may be illegal to intercept or disclose these messages, these transmissions are not secured.
How to Review and Update Your Information
OneChicago provides methods of updating your information and contact preferences. In some cases, these will be automated via our Site. In others, we may receive updated information from a service provider. You may also write, e-mail, or telephone us with changes to your information and contact preferences. Contact OneChicago
Often OneChicago may use personally identifiable information to contact members and users about new services, updates, promotions or news. If you would like to receive such materials, you may “opt-in” to receiving them when registering, or you may e-mail your “opt-in” request to the following: info@OneChicago.com. You may at any time request not to be contacted by OneChicago in connection with any new services, updates, promotions, news, or system outages. Such “opt out” requests should be sent to the address indicated on any such material or by replying to such material. Please note that even if you have “opted-out” of receiving unsolicited e-mails from OneChicago, you hereby acknowledge that your continued use of the OneChicago Services represents a solicitation on your behalf to receive those e-mail messages necessary for the proper delivery and management of the OneChicago Services.
Children’s Privacy Protection
OneChicago does not target children or provide products or services for use by children. OneChicago abides by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requirements and does not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use OneChicago’s Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian, and you may not subscribe to online services which require us to collect personal information about you.
Linked Internet Web Sites
The Sites provide hypertext links to other web sites that may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. OneChicago is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through those Web sites, and OneChicago expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure. Users are encouraged to read the privacy policies of web sites reached through the use of links from the OneChicago Site.
Revisions to this Policy
How to Contact Us