OneChicago Announces Trading Volumes for August 2011
- -Volume up 25% over August 2010
- -Open interest stood at 385,072 contracts on the equity finance exchange at the end of August
Chicago – September 2, 2011 – OneChicago, LLC (OCX), an equity finance exchange, today announced that a total of 507,238 security futures contracts were traded in the month of August 2011.
August 2011 Highlights
- • 99,621 August futures valued at more than $480 million were taken to delivery, emphasizing the use of single stock futures as an equity finance product.
- • 34% of August 2011 month-end open interest was in OCX.NoDivRisk™ products. The OCX.NoDivRisk product suite is an innovative equity finance tool which removes dividend risk from the security futures.
- • FFastFill, a leader in providing Software as a Service (SaaS), was certified as an independent software vendor (ISV). FFastFill customers now have direct market access to OneChicago’s fully electronic marketplace via the CBOEdirect API for order placement and related market data.
- • OneChicago listed four MSCI futures on the ETFs covering Belgium, Italy, Spain and France, in direct response to the European nations’ short selling ban. The four newly issued MSCI futures are: MSCI Italy Index Fund, MSCI Spain Index Fund, MSCI France Index Fund and MSCI Belgium Investable Market Index Fund.
# # #
OneChicago (OCX) is the only US equity finance exchange for trading security futures and the related EFP. Regulated by the SEC and CFTC, OCX lists approximately 2,745 products, including ADRs, ETFs and OCX.NoDivRisk contracts. Contracts are cleared through the centralized counterparty, “AA+”-rated OCC. Security futures, a Delta one product, are utilized for synthetic equity strategies including equity swaps, equity repos and stock loan/borrow transactions. The OneChicago OCX.NoDivRisk, Exchange Futures for Physical transaction is economically equivalent to a Securities Lending Transaction.
OCX.NoDivRisk™ contracts are security futures with dividends removed from the pricing as the future’s price is adjusted down by the value of the dividend on Ex-date.
For more information, please visit our Website at: http://www.OneChicago.com or contact us at 312-424-8507.