OneChicago Announces Trading Volumes for October 2011
- – October 2011 marks the one year anniversary of the OCX.NoDivRisk® product suite
Chicago – November 1, 2011 – OneChicago, LLC (OCX), an equity finance exchange, today announced that a total of 170,470 security futures contracts were traded in the month of October 2011.
OneChicago now lists 1,322 OCX.NoDivRisk products. The OCX.NoDivRisk product suite was launched one year ago in October 2010 as an innovative equity finance tool which removes dividend risk from security futures.
October 2011 Highlights
- • Security futures volume at the exchange in October 2011 were up 8% year over year as compared to October 2010.
- • 31% of October 2011 month-end open interest was in OCX.NoDivRisk™ products.
- • 94,096 October 2011 futures valued at more than $606 million were taken to delivery, emphasizing the use of single stock futures as an equity finance product.
- • Open interest stood at 372,022 contracts on the equity finance exchange at the end of October 2011.
- • 135,881 Exchange for Physical (EFPs) and blocks were traded. October 2011’s block and EFP activity represented more than $748 million in notional value.
# # #
OneChicago (OCX) is the only US equity finance exchange for trading security futures and the related EFP. Regulated by the SEC and CFTC, OCX lists approximately 2,745 products, including ADRs, ETFs and OCX.NoDivRisk contracts. Contracts are cleared through the centralized counterparty, “AA+”-rated OCC. Security futures, a Delta one product, are utilized for synthetic equity strategies including equity swaps, equity repos and stock loan/borrow transactions. The OneChicago OCX.NoDivRisk, Exchange Futures for Physical transaction is economically equivalent to a Securities Lending Transaction.
OCX.NoDivRisk™ contracts are security futures with dividends removed from the pricing as the future’s price is adjusted down by the value of the dividend on Ex-date.
For more information, please visit our Website at: http://www.OneChicago.com or contact us at 312-424-8507.